Militarized Power Line Communication (MPLC)
The MPLC transceiver provides low bandwidth networking capability on existing power grid infrastructures and over long distances. They are designed to meet the harsh environmental conditions experienced in exterior conditions, such as remote control and monitoring of generators and other facility hardware. Wherever there is a need for serial or CANBus communications, but the installation of new network cabling is cost or time prohibitive, then an MPLC system is the solution.
MPLC Transceiver Specifications
- Employs militarized commercial Power Line Communications (PLC) technology
- Communicates over power busses or discrete wiring
- Provides up to 30kbps throughput
- Does not interfere with existing systems
- Meets MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461
- Requires 3 Watts
- Operates from 115-230VAC or 28VDC
- Weighs 1 pound
A MPLC system comprises two (2) or more MPLC transceivers installed at the locations where new equipment needs to communicate. Serial data is encrypted and converted into narrowband, low power signals, that are inductively coupled to the existing platform wiring. The process is bi-directional and transparent to the external systems. Built-in Quality of Service (QoS) ensures the data is delivered.
- Addresses military need to communicate with site-wide hardware without having to install dedicated wiring or cables
MPLC transceivers are available today for evaluation and purchase. Contact 5-D to discuss your particular application and requirements. Customization is available, and intellectual property rights are licensable.
To learn more about MPLC, how it operates, the performance it provides, and potential applications, download our MPLC datasheet.
Get in Touch
Have a question for our team? We have answers! Here's how to contact us.